- GREENVILLE HERALD-BANNER
The Greenville Herald-Banner, the day by day paper of the Hunt province situate, started distribution on October 21, 1956, after the merger of the city's two adversary dailies, the Greenville Herald and the Greenville Banner. The Herald, Hunt County's most established business organization, was established on April 14, 1869, by John C. Bayne, who, for a little more than a year, altered the week after week paper. Despite the fact that the Herald's workplaces consumed in the fire that devoured the area town hall and the west side of the city square in 1884, the paper proceeded with distribution from another area on the modified square. On September 1, 1890, editorial manager Edwin W. Harris presented Greenville's first every day paper, the Morning Herald; the first week by week Herald proceeded for quite a while. It changed proprietors various occasions before converging with the Banner. At the season of the merger, the Morning Herald was claimed and altered by the group of W. C. Poole, a neighborhood cotton purchaser who bought a controlling enthusiasm for the every day on March 23, 1914. The Poole family made the paper a money related achievement and a persuasive neighborhood foundation. Poole sold the Morning Herald to Harte-Hanks Communicationsqv on October 20, 1956. Greenville Herald Banner Classifieds.
The Greenville Banner started distribution as the Independent Banner in 1882, when J. F. Mitchell acquired the Greenville Independent, built up in 1875, from John C. Bayne, the originator of the Herald. Like the more seasoned paper, the Independent Banner, which before long ended up known as the Banner, started as a week by week. It turned into an every day, called the Greenville Evening Banner, on February 24, 1894, by which time R. C. Dial was the proprietor. Dial's night paper contended effectively with the nearby morning every day. In December 1907 Dial offered the paper to Fred Horton, and it stayed in his family until it was obtained by the Harte-Hanks syndicate on January 8, 1954.
Harte-Hanks consolidated the two papers in 1956. By 1960 the course remained at 9,280. After five years the Herald Banner sold 10,210 duplicates day by day and 10,353 on Sundays. Its flow in 1970 arrived at 11,362. In 1990 the Greenville Herald-Banner was possessed by Worrell Enterprises, Incorporated, and its flow was 12,162 on weekdays and 12,947 on Sundays. Greenville Herald Banner Classifieds.
- About Us
The most established business in Hunt County, the Herald-Banner was established on April 14, 1869 as the Greenville Herald by John C. Bayne. Very nearly a century later, the paper converged with the Greenville Evening Banner and wound up known as the Greenville Herald-Banner.
Today, the paper is the Herald-Banner, it is claimed by Community Newspaper Holdings Inc., distributes six days per week and furthermore delivers four week after week papers: Rockwall County Herald-Banner, Royse City Herald-Banner and The Commerce Journal, alongside 903 Magazine and On The Horizon. Greenville Herald Banner Classifieds.